28 September 2009
“The rate of App Store downloads continues to accelerate with users downloading a staggering two billion apps in just over a year, including more than half a billion apps this quarter alone,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “The App Store has reinvented what you can do with a mobile handheld device, and our users are clearly loving it.”
Today, iPhone and iPod touch customers in 77 countries worldwide can choose from an incredible range of apps in 20 categories, including games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel. With the recently introduced iTunes 9, it’s now easier than ever to organize and sync your apps right in iTunes and they will automatically appear on your iPhone or iPod touch with the same layout.
17 September 2009
Need For Speed: Undercover:
Deer Hunter 3d:
Doodle Jump (Not to be under-estimated):
The Sims 3:
X-Plane (All Versions):
Resident Evil 4:
Defender Chronicles - Legend Of The Desert King:
Harbor Master Ep4: Pocket God Attacks:
Real Football (Soccer) 2009:
15 September 2009
You may need to do this if an application has stopped responding or is experience other issues.
Make sure the application that you would like to force quit is open.
Press and hold the Power button until the power slider appears.
Press and hold the Home button until the application is forcefully closed.
You may now relaunch the application if so desired.
12 September 2009
Download Movement from here and save it to your Desktop.
Double click the Movement.zip file on your Desktop to extract the archive. Drag the Movement app into your Applications folder to install it.
Launch the Movement utility by double clicking its icon in the Applications folder.
Click OK to close the welcome popup.
Click the Read Apps button to load your SpringBoard layout.
You can now drag the icons around to rearrange the layout to your preference.
When ready to apply your new layout click the Write Apps button.
You will be prompted to save a backup of your SpringBoard. Click the Yes button.
Select the location to save your backup the click the Save button.
You may now disconnect your iPhone and reboot to apply the new layout.
11 September 2009
Here is the current status...
- MuscleNerd confirms that it is safe to update to iTunes 9 for those who have already jailbroken/unlocked.
- saurik has noted that Apple has blocked the downgrade to 3.0 for iPhone 3GS users. This means that he can no longer signature hashes for users. Users who have saved their ECID SHSH information will have to wait for someone to build something to use that information. We will post more explaining this in the near future. In the meanwhile you may want to look at this (Windows, Mac) tutorial.
- chronicdev has confirmed that the iPhone 3.1GM is still vulnerable
- the new firmware does include a baseband upgrade which will cause you to lose your unlock unless you are on the iPhone 2G or have an iPhone 3G with the 5.8 bootloader. If you do have the 5.8 bootloader please note that no tools are available to perform the baseband downgrade yet.
- it is NOT okay to update to 3.1 if you are jailbroken or might want to jailbreak in the near future. WAIT!
We're also pumped about the new Home Sharing feature in iTunes 9, which lets you transfer content between five different machines directly without screwing around with network shares or USB drives. We've seriously been waiting for a feature like this since iTunes sharing was first launched -- it also works exactly like you'd expect, and we think it'll make managing media across multiple machines much, much easier.
10 September 2009
Apple has released iPhone OS 3.1 which includes a number of new features; however, its important to remember NOT to update your firmware. If you update now you will likely lose your unlock and maybe even your jailbreak (iPhone 3GS). We will provide instructions once a safe upgrade path is available.
The new iPhone 3.1 firmware adds the following new features...
Genius Recommendations for Apps
Get recommendations for apps you might like based on apps you’ve already downloaded.
Have iTunes create up to 12 playlists based on what’s already in your library. You don’t even have to choose a sample song.
Download Ringtones Wirelessly
Choose from thousands of iPhone ringtones on the iTunes Store and buy them with a tap.
Organize Apps in iTunes
Use iTunes on your computer to drag apps onto virtual Home screens, then sync them to your iPhone.
AppleInsider has also posted a list of the fixes in 3.1:
iPhone OS 3.1 also includes these features and updates:
- Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos1
- iTunes U content organization1
- Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
- Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
- Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
- Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
- Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
- Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
- Paste phone numbers into the keypad
- Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
- Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
- Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
- Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone 3G on the 3.0.x iPhone firmware using RedSn0w for Windows. The Mac version of this tutorial is here. The 2G version of this tutorial is here
This tutorial can be used to jailbreak before applying the UltraSn0w unlock.
** If you would like to jailbreak on the 3.0.1 firmware you can follow these exact instructions; however, in Step Two restore using this 3.0.1 iPhone firmware file instead of the 3.0 one. Continue with the instructions as indicated.**
Create a folder on your desktop called Pwnage
Download RedSn0w from here and place it in the Pwnage folder. Likewise, download the latest 3.0 firmware from below and place it in the same folder.
3.0.0 (3G): iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw
Extract the RedSn0w zip file to the Pwnage folder.
Connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left. Now hold down shift and click the Restore button. Restore is preferred as it won't create any wasted space on your iPhone.
Navigate to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the firmware ipsw. Click the Open button to continue.
Once iTunes has finished updating your iPhone to the desired firmware you may launch redsnw0w.exe from the Pwnage folder on your desktop.
Once RedSn0w opens click the Browse button
Select the firmware ipsw we placed in the Pwnage folder on our desktop then click Open
Once the firmware has been verified click the Next button to continue.
Make sure Cydia is selected and click the Next button.
Please plug your iPhone into the computer and make sure its OFF then click the Next button
RedSn0w will now guide you through the steps to get into DFU mode.
Hold down both the Home button and the Power button for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.
Your iPhone will now reboot
RedSn0w will then begin uploading the new RAM Disk.
Once this is complete you will be notified that RedSn0w is done. Click the Finish button.
When your iPhone finishes reboot (5 minutes or so). It will be jailbroken with Cydia on the SpringBoard.